Menu
elaine406
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

V6 on demand movies keeps buffering

Hi there. 

For the past few weeks when I try to watch a movie on demand it keeps buffering. Will play for a couple of minutes the buffet for about 10 seconds. My v6 box is in the bedroom so is connected wirelessly and can't be connected with an ethernet cable (although it has a booster pack plugged into it which I was told by the engineer that it's basically like having the v6 plugged directly into the hub). Both netflix and media store play fine without buffering  so can't be the signal.

Thanks

Elaine

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 on demand movies keeps buffering

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what signal strength does the WiFi report as?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
elaine406
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

Em I can't see it. It does say ethernet connection details. Could this be because of the ethernet wireless adapter the engineer fitted?

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If the booster box is what I think it is, then you have a Hub > WiFi to booster > Ethernet to V6, setup.

Have you always had problems with OnDemand or has this only recently started?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
elaine406
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I had problems before I got it. I was constantly having to switch the box off at the mains cause the wife kept disconnecting and sometimes even resetting it on settings wouldn't work. But after I got the adapter it's been fine up until a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks again 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It does sound like the internet connectivity is probably the cause of your issues.

Can you try.. Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > [can't recall the exact menu path off-hand] > TV Speed test

Does this complete and report ok?

0 Kudos
elaine406
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

Just done the speed test. Has completed and says "should be ok, but it's a little slow. Connections may not be fast enough for high resolutions"

Thanks

0 Kudos
elaine406
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've just re-run the test and now its saying "A-OK, let's go. Connections suitable for tv services"

Thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@elaine406 wrote:

Just done the speed test. Has completed and says "should be ok, but it's a little slow. Connections may not be fast enough for high resolutions"

Sounds like your connection is "flapping", or perhaps on the borderline of acceptable. And sometimes (I suspect the WiFi element) just isn't upto high-speed streaming.

Other times it is.

0 Kudos
elaine406
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is there anything I can do to fix it? It never used to be like this, only started recently. 

Thanks

0 Kudos