Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box

Good afternoon, I hope I've posted in the right place as this is my first post. 

2 weeks ago my v6 wasn't working properly in my bedroom (I have one in the living room also) so VM sent out a new box which I connected easily and works well, however I've since been having problems with the living room one which displays error code 7400 I've made untold calls sometimes I cant wait as the call holding is so long  Today I tried calling and the machine said their closed due to covid restrictions. I have this ugly thing moving across my tv hardly any channels I've done everything in my power to make it work and I can't. I need some help I think they messed up v6 box signals this has been going on since October 20th. Someone please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 box

Hi Mummy7,

It sounds like VM have diconnected the wrong box when they sent out the new one.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the TV box you are installing. By doing they should be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The right team will probably be New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. Unfortunately that'll mean calling up again. The call centresa re still open, despite the conflicting message that sometimes appears saying they are closed. Don't hang up and you should find the call will be picked up.

You need options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone. The best time to call is 8am when it's least busy.

You could also try calling 0800 953 9500. You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you newapollo,

I called back and after a 50min wait I got help and all is working well

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mummy7,

Thanks for the update, that's brilliant news.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos