Menu
Rebsie
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 box has started losing signal

I had a replacement V6 box a few months ago and all working well but last week it started to lose signal with my AV receiver/projector and I had to restart the box to get picture back. I changed the power settings to Always On as it seemed to happen after the box had been in Standby overnight.

However, it is now needing a restart every time we use it and randomly loses signal during programmes.

Can a Virgin technician help here pls?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box has started losing signal

Can you expand a little on "randomly losing signal during programmes"?

Do you mean the video output to your TV is dropping? Or are you getting an error message that indicates signal issues - what is the error message?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rebsie
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

The video output to the TV is dropping out. My daughter was watching Netflix via the V6 box yesterday and the screen suddenly went blank. We had to restart V6 box to resume watching.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Rebsie

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues with picture loss on one of your boxes. 

You mention an AV receiver/projector? How is your V6 box connected to this? Have you tried your other V6 box with this device to see if the same thing happens? 

I have located your account and can see that one of your boxes was last rebooted around 3 days ago and the other has been around 26 days. Is the box you're having issues with connected via Ethernet to the Hub or the WiFi connection? 

From looking at both boxes, we can't see any issues at the time of writing - signal levels are looking good and we have no known area issues listed. 

Is it just picture that you're loosing? Does the box remain on (light on the front - does it remain white?)

Keep us posted if you can. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Rebsie
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

For background, this V6 box is connected via WIFI but that has good signal strength showing 100%.

I was having to re-boot it every day at the start of the week but have found a work around. When the V6 box has a white light on the front, if we then turn the projector and amp on we get “No Signal” and therefore no sound or picture. However, if you then put V6 into Standby and then switch it back on, it works straight away. I’m not sure why we have to turn the box off first to get a signal, it’s not ideal, but at least we don’t have to do a reboot every time.

Any ideas why our equipment can’t get a signal if the V6 is already on with white light on?

Becky

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update there Becky - the only thing I can think of is if it's similar to being on the incorrect channel?

I'm not too up on how projectors work I'm afraid but I know with my set up at home, my V6 box remains on 100% of the time (white light on) but if my TV is on the wrong output - I'll just get a blank screen. I can either use my TV remote to turn to the correct channel, or put the V6 into standby and back out to trick the telly to change output. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sounds possibly like your TV is losing the V6 HDMI input.

I see you were using "always on" power - is this still the case?

If you're using low-power mode, are you switching the V6 on first, or your TV?

When the V6 is on, but the TV isn't getting the input, can you select the input manually using your TV remote?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos