Menu
AndyEss
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V6, Hub 3 - N27Error "Network Cable Unplugged"

Hi folks ...

had ultimate Oomph bundle installed yesterday. Switched Hub to modem mode. V6 boxes still connected to it via the ethernet cable the engineer fitted. Both V6 boxes stream TV OK, but report error N27 "Network Cable Unplugged" and this is confirmed by connection test. The Hub is seeing traffic from the V6 boxes, and all data services are working OK from my home wifi mesh. I've powered both V6 boxes off and on to tidy the mains cable mess, but other than that, I don't think I've done anything daft.

Please does anybody have any ideas - this and the fact that the 500Mb 'oomph' speed I was expecting is more like 30Mb so far (and faster on upload!), the promised transfer of my old mobile number via PAC code is drifting into a third day and the 'check for network outages' link on the VM website is a dead link - not a great first impression, but hopefully it will get better Smiley Happy   

0 Kudos
AndyEss
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6, Hub 3 - N27Error "Network Cable Unplugged"

update - was concerned that switching to modem mode may have been a trigger, so switched it off and on again. The V6 issue went away, but I lost all internet connectivity from my home network. Turned wifi on again and the internet returned. No idea how it was working before, but it seems that modem mode is the issue... ?

0 Kudos
AndyEss
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

another update - some of the other posts suggest that in modem mode, only one of the ethernet connections is 'live', the other 3 are disabled. It seems unclear which one remains live. And curious, since switching to modem mode was the engineer's recommendation - yet he connected both V6 boxes to the ports on the Hub. And just to totally complete the pain I'm feeling, the mobile reception on my new Virgin SIM is dreadful - worse even than BT, whom I've just left... Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you are running the hub in modem mode then the V6 should be connected to your router, not the hub (because as you have found out, only the one ethernet port works in modem mode which is the one you connect your router to), seems the engineer might not have been as clued up as one might hope!

AndyEss
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tavis75 … many thanks for confirming. In fact what I really wanted was just to have my home wifi/wired served by a newly installed mesh system [so that I was 'isolated' from changes to ISP]. So the advice I should have had from the engineer was simply to disable wifi on the Hub - that leaves all ports active to support the V6 boxes and feed the mesh. The one positive so far - you and the folks in the VM community have created a neat source of help and support Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos