Menu
andyfinp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V106 and No Media Access Key

Can anyone help me?

For several years, I have had two TiVo boxes, one in room one, and one in room 2. They are attached physically to my household Ethernet setup.  We quite frequently watch shows on one box that have been recorded on the other.

This morning however, the box in room 2 was swapped out for a new one.  I can no longer watch shows that have been recorded across the network - I instead get an error message V106, and the messages goes onto to say that the boxes are not registered to the same account.

This morning I spent 45 minutes on the phone to a frankly quite clueless VM representative who was simply trying to send me a new cable.  Despite me telling her repeatedly that the boxes were both on the network (and I could see them on my router - I’m a computer engineer).  I never got the call back from the supervisor she promised - I suspect they don’t know what they are doing as it wasn’t a UK based call centre.

As well as the V106 message, room number 2 (the new box) does not have a Media Access Key - it says it’s temporarily unavailable.

can anyone help me - we use the Interpol feature a lot.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: V106 and No Media Access Key

Hi andyfinp,

Thank you very much for your post. We are very sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue when upgrading to the newer V6 box. We have come across this error previously. Are you able to try the feature again today, as there are sometimes some delays in all features becoming available when undergoing this change on your account. If there have been no changes please can you keep us posted so we can investigate this further for you.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
andyfinp
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi - tried it, spent yet another 21 minutes in a call, only to get cut off and nobody bothered to ring me back AGAIN!

Could someone please BOTHER BACKSIDE to call me back as I am now getting seriously frustrated

0 Kudos
andyfinp
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So, the update on this after spending another half an hour on the phone was that it can take up to three days for a Media Access Key to be given to a device, during which time you can’t use room to room functionality amongst other things.  I also learnt :

1) The call centre will if at all possible blame the fact that you don’t have both devices plugged into their Superhub (I don’t, because it was pants in terms of coverage - I have a Google WiFi Mesh in place and hard wired networking.

2) They have no notes in the call centre for a V106 error

3) You can spend your life reading the error messages to them, but they don’t seem to listen, as soon as I mentioned the network setup, they wanted to blame that - I suspect they are keen to send a cable because it takes a few days by which time, the MAK has been issued and everything is ok.

That was a couple of hours of really frustrating time on the phone - heaven help whoever picks up the phone if it isn’t working after the three days have elapsed.

come on Virgin - this is REALLY poor

0 Kudos