cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade of Tivo box

Flybridge
On our wavelength

Hi

Whilst on holiday I got an email saying my box is out of date and I need to order a new one. I won't be able to view a couple of channels after a certain date using this box. Unfortunately, I seem to have deleted that email.

How can I request delivery of the new box?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You now have a decision to make.

More than likely you have one of these:

Older TiVOOlder TiVO

If you have what the email was offering you was not only a new box, but a migration to a totally different TV Platform called Horizon V360. If you like the way your TiVO box worked & its facilities, there is an alternative. You can have a V6 box which uses the same hardware as Horizon, but operates on the TiVO firmware. Once you accept Horizon it is a one way trip, so make sure you want to migrate before taking the plunge. Have a read of the V360 board here & make your mind up, then contact customer services. Do not let them fob you off. Migration to Horizon is currently VOLUNTARY & there is no compulsion to change. V6 TiVO is not obselete.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You now have a decision to make.

More than likely you have one of these:

Older TiVOOlder TiVO

If you have what the email was offering you was not only a new box, but a migration to a totally different TV Platform called Horizon V360. If you like the way your TiVO box worked & its facilities, there is an alternative. You can have a V6 box which uses the same hardware as Horizon, but operates on the TiVO firmware. Once you accept Horizon it is a one way trip, so make sure you want to migrate before taking the plunge. Have a read of the V360 board here & make your mind up, then contact customer services. Do not let them fob you off. Migration to Horizon is currently VOLUNTARY & there is no compulsion to change. V6 TiVO is not obselete.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Could you please post up a copy of the email/letter you've received?

The reply above mine, has pretty much nailed it - but I would be very interested to see exactly how this comms is being phrased.

Flybridge
On our wavelength

As I said in the original post, I accidentally deleted the email, so I can’t share it. 

Hey Flybridge, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I have taken a look and I can see you've spoke to the team since this post did they manage to get this resolved for you? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I haven't spoken to the team about this, that was something else, which is still not fixed, as you ask.

But as regards this, it sounds like the new box isn't that easy to use. I will keep what I have, at least for the time being. Although I think I will lose the use of a coupke of channels, but I can;'t remember what. Perhaps you could remind me of what features I will lose if I don't 'upgrade'?

Thanks.

Okay no problem this is fine.

Some channels are changing around which you can find out about here.

If you don't want the new box that is fine you shouldn't lose to many features to be honest more like a channel reshuffle. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?