Menu
Davus
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade from TiVo

Hello,

A couple of days ago I took up your offer on my account of an upgrade to Bigger Bundle. This gave us M350 fibre broadband, up from M100, and changed from Full House to Maxit TV.

Before I placed the order, I looked at your website to see what the differences were between the different packages. This led me to believe that in addition I would be receiving either a V6 box or a TV360 box to replace my TiVo. This also seemed to be the case from other research, including on this forum.

Added to this, the image you used at the top of the offer showed the new equipment. As is my habit with things like this, I took screenshots of the various steps in the order process, and from your web pages. I have enclosed some images which I believe add to the implication that the equipment would be supplied.

As we have for some time been increasingly dissatisfied with the performance of the TiVo - it has become slow and a little unreliable - we have been considering replacing it with a V6. This offer seemed to provide that solution for us, as well as the broadband speed increase.

We have since had confirmation that the order has been fulfilled. However, all that has happened is that the channel package has changed over, and the broadband speed increase has been effected. The order has now been closed. There has been no mention of any new equipment being delivered.

This is extremely disappointing. As a minimum, it would appear that you are providing misleading information.

Please can you investigate this for me. I can provide account and order details privately on request.

Thank you.

Offer from my accountOffer from my accountInformation from your Bigger Bundle web pageInformation from your Bigger Bundle web page

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade from TiVo

The standard replacement on new packages is now Horizon 360 as the TiVO platform is being retired over the next few years. TiVOs will be removed from the network, & V6 TiVOs can be updated to the Horizon firmware.

Unless you have a Superhub 2 ac you also cannot achieve the 350Mb speeds.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Davus
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi nodrogd,

Thanks for that. 

I have a Hub 3, and have tested the promised new speed. It is being achieved.

I currently have the original 500Gb TiVo box installed when I signed up in 2011, so it's getting a bit tired, and I thought this offer would sort that out for me.

Let's see what VM say....

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If your speed has been upgraded then new TV hardware couldn’t have been part of your new upgraded package.

You will need to address this with Virgin Media.

Did you discuss new hardware or just make a (wrong) assumption?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'd also add that a swap from TiVo to V6 is probably the way to go in the short term, just a hardware change and worry about the (voluntary) migration to 360 afterwards, if you choose to.

AFAIK a change from TiVo platform to Horizon platform remains voluntary, regardless of package changes. It's only brand new TV customers who have no choice.

360 & V6 use the same physical box, just with entirely different software. TiVo & V6 run the same software so it'll be familiar to you.

Davus
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments and advice. Sorry for the delayed response.

I didn't ring VM to go for the upgrade, I simply clicked on the button at the bottom of the offer to do it online. This was after some research, which led me to believe (erroneously by the look of it), that a new box would be included.

For information, I was out of contract, so this upgrade has started a new one. I was happy to go for it, as what was on offer seemed to be what I wanted...

I'm chasing it up with VM, to see what my options are.

I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davus,

Welcome back to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you've had this issue with upgrading to TiVo.

Please let me know if you need any more help with this, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Davus
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laurie,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Can I private message you please? I can then provide you with order and account details to help with this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Davus, and I'm sorry to hear that we've not been able to issue you with a new V6 box

Can you please advise me if the V6 box has been stated in any documentation you've been offered? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Davus
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello David,

Thanks for picking this up.

There was no specific mention in the offer on my account. However, as stated above, we researched the options before accepting the offer, and came to the conclusion that there would be an equipment upgrade. This, we felt, would be useful, as the TiVo had been a little unreliable of late and certainly slow - we had been thinking of asking for a V6, but we thought the offer would solve the problem anyway.

I would be grateful if you could let me know if we are incorrect in our assumptions, and if so, tell me how we go about organising an upgrade. I am happy to carry out a self-install if needed.

I can of course provide order and account details, but obviously via a private message.

Thank you.

0 Kudos