Menu
Hypercube
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade TiVo to V6

We've been Virgin Media customers for over 6 years. We've still got the original TiVo box that we got when we started our contract.

I've seen various offers and marketing blurbs about people getting upgrades from TiVo to V6 free of charge. Looks like we've never been included - so much for loyalty.

Is there any way to get an upgrade to our TiVo? It's so slow and old - watching anything with subtitles is awful because the subtitles are always a few seconds behind the dialog. Loading up iPlayer takes an age.

Does staying with VM mean anything to them? 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade TiVo to V6

All updated packages & upgrades come with new boxes, the latest ones now include Horizon V360 which will eventually supersede the TiVO platform. I would phone retentions & see if you can renew your deal, as if you don’t do this not only does your equipment go out of date, you also end up paying over the odds due to constant price increases.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Do you have Virginmedia Broadband as well, as both the v6 and v360 require a Virginmedia Broadband connection to work fully.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As others have mentioned, going down the route of renegotiating yourself onto a new 18month contract and including a box-swap into the bargain is by far the best way to go 

Be aware that the new 360 boxes are a completely new software platform compared with the TiVo-powered V6 & TiVo boxes, so if you do decide to make that (voluntary) migration, then do so on an informed basis.

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Hypercube,

Thank you for posting your concerns on our community page.

I am sorry for the issues that you have had with getting a new deal.

We can not do any upgrades from this platform but you can see what deals are on offer here.

We love all our customers equally 🙂 New and old, we do want you to be happy with us so please do see what we can offer.

Look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos