cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update TiVo box

Purplewednesday
Tuning in

We had an engineer visit to fix a fault a few weeks ago and we were promised a return visit to replace out TiVo box which is slow and glitchy- but we’ve heard nothing. Hi do you book an engineer when there no real fault? Going round in circles!!!

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To play Devil's advocate a moment...

TiVo's have never been known for their speed of operation, they're quite old boxes these days although perfectly serviceable. And if you have no fault, then what do you need an engineer visit for?....

In any genuine scenario where you have a tech visit and a TV box was deemed faulty, it would have been replaced there & then - not a "promise of a return visit"

If you have VM broadband (which is a requirement) then you could do a lot worse than arrange a swap from a TiVo to a V6, which runs the same software on a much newer box.. but if your current TiVo is functioning OK otherwise, then you're effectively asking VM to replace working equipment for not much more than "I fancy something newer". You ideally need to give them an incentive to do so, and a re-contract is usually that. Are you in a position to renegotiate your package for a new 18month minimum term?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The engineer who came to fix our telephone told us we needed a new box - but he didn’t have one on his van. I’m trying to get what virgin have already told me I needed. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your current TV box actually working, do you have any problems with it? I don't mean the speed of operation, but are you able to view live TV, use OnDemand and watch recorded programmes?

I'm getting here, at whether you have a service fault and therefore "need" a new box? VM are unlikely to replace otherwise working equipment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks