Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Universal flipper with Samsung TiVo box

Bought a Universal Flipper for an aged relative. Linked it with TV & STB. The On/OFF button works on both TV & STB. Sound works great with TV. When channel changing, thru Samsung TiVo STB, the CH- does nothing, the CH+ takes me into the Guide Menu. The CH- then takes me out of the Guide back to the original channel. Obviously the CH buttons are supposed to scroll thru either all channels or selected favourites.

Anyone tell me if there’s a setup fix for this or is it simply that the Flipper won’t work with this old STB?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Universal flipper with Samsung TiVo box

Hi is it an all in one remote. I’ll look into this for you and find the reason why

Regards Ed

To private message me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Thanks, Ed (Virgin Media Technician)

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? PM for more info

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It’s this one.... https://flipperremote.com/

ive managed to pair it with both the TV and the Samsung TiVo box. The volume works fine on the TV. The ON/OFF works fine on both the TV and the STB. The channel change, which should scroll thru the channels on the STB sequentially, takes me into the Guide sub menu when the CH+ button is pressed. If pressed again it goes to the next sub menu The CH- returns to the previous page. I need this button to perform the same functions as the CH+ & - button on the TiVo remote.

any assistance will be appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I’ve responded to the original text.

look forward to your response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I responded to your request with a link to the model I’m trying to use.

the Flipper has an On/OFF button that acts on both TV & STB ok.

the volume + & - work fine with the TV

the CH+ & - do not scroll the channels on the STB. The CH+ button takes me into the “My shows” menu the CH- returns to the previously watched channel.

look forward to your response

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

STILL AWAITING A RESPONSE ON THIS ONE.

GRATEFUL IF SOMEONE WILL CONFIRM WHETHER AND HOW THIS FLOPPER WILL ORK WITH A TIVO.

IF NOT ILL RETURN IT AND COMMENT ON THEIR WEBSITE.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Do you know what code you used to programme it? And which version you have:

https://flipper.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/categories/200023954-Codes

You'd need to have the UK version and be using the 'Virgin Media' code appropriate to the version revision you have. The US version of it won't have the Virgin Media codes.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Had to link with the TiVo using the Search facility on the handpiece which starts off by typing in a code for UK. It then sends 15 codes, if the box turns off you then search for the correct code by pressing the CH- until the TiVo turns on again.

this I did but it won’t scroll thru the channels. The CH+ button retrieves the “My Shows” sub menu. Subsequent presses drill down thru subordinate menus. The CH- button returns to each previous menu.

i assume its the UK version as it works perfectly with a Toshiba TV and the ON/OFF button works on both the TV & TiVo. So it’s linked ok, just the CH+&- do not work correctly with the TiVo.

grateful for any assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still awaiting a definitive response as to whether this device will work wit a TiVo box!

grateful if someone will let me know one way or another. Happy to return it to Amazon with negative feedback backed up by a Virgin Media experts advice.

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Honestly, unless somewhere else here has used one, we can't give you the definitive response.

Their website has a code for Virgin Media boxes, so they're saying it should work. If you can't get it to work you need to contact the remote company as to why it doesn't work.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos