Menu
amac31
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Unfair charges

I have been a customer for 20 years or so and I thought that might account for something but I was wrong.

I  recently enquired about upgrading my m300 broadband to the m500 speed but was told that the m500 was only available as part of the Ultimate Oomph package. I then asked how much that would be, I currently pay £79 for 2 V6 boxes, 1 TiVo box and my current package. I was told that my new monthly charge would be £96.50 and subject to a new 12 month contract, that would be the lowest they couls get the price applying all the available discounts. I looked online and found that the same package was been offered to new customers for £79. I queried this but was told that was for new customers only which I think is shocking. I then asked if I agreed to the £96.50 could I have my final Tivo box upgraded to a V6 box. I was told I could but there would be a one off fee of £135 for a V6 box that would be a self install. If this is the way Virgin treats existing customers then I am afraid I will be leaving shortly and looking elsewhere. I only stick with them for the fast internet but I can now get a 5G router with faster speeds for a third of what I pay Virginmedia and I get to take that with me on holiday.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unfair charges

Your numbers are wrong.

You forgot your third box which would add £7.50 per month to the new customer £79, so you’re being asked for £10 per month more than a new customer. That is actually reasonable.

The new customer would also have an additional one-off charge for the third box, although a little less than you are being asked.

If you don’t feel this is acceptable then you’ve already decided your solution.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos