cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to watch programme on Catch Up

AndySW18
Joining in

For the last 2 days we have been trying to watch S18 E17 fo Grey's Anatomy on catch-up (Sky Witness). It starts playing for a few seconds and then comes up with message "This show is temporarily unavailable" message 605.

I attach the screen displays. I would raise a fault but cannot find anywhere to raise one

180520.jpg180543.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've tried replicating this on my V6 but the programme plays fine - I left it a minute or so.

Which part of the country are you in?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SW London (Wandsworth)

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And although it's implied from your post, I'll ask to be explicit... do other VoD programmes play OK? In other words, is this a programme-specific issue?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for your interest by the way.

We watched The Flight Attendant last night on catchup which is on Sky Max no problems

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello AndySW18

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to our community as you recently joined us.
Sorry to see you had an issue with a certain programme not playing at your TV box recently, has this cleared now since your last post?

In general you may check here https://virg.in/servicechecker using your post code when it comes to area faults, we usually provide updates on this page in regard to TV related issues and programmes that are unavailable due to a technical problem.
Let us know if the problem is still ongoing for you, we will be happy to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I should have added to my description of the issue that it played for a few seconds before stopping and displaying the message.

My wife is a very determined watcher of Grey's Anatomy and decided to try and hurdle the problem. As soon as it started playing she put her foot on on the accelerator (FF) pedal and jumped the problem. She complains she missed a chunk of the programme though in my experience of Greys Anatomy that would be a good thing and she can exaggerate at times.

The problem does raise a question from the techy me. Does the Tivo cache.and therefore the problem was reoccurring where as someone else didn't get the problem? If yes, how do you clear the cache?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There was a spate of "programme starts playing then drops out" posts a few years ago on here (from memory), but not so much lately - the programme should either play, or not.

@AndySW18 wrote:

The problem does raise a question from the techy me. Does the Tivo cache.and therefore the problem was reoccurring where as someone else didn't get the problem?

No, that's the whole basis of VM's OnDemand - it is a live stream.

On the face of your posts, I don't think you have a programme-specific issue, but your entire VoD setup seems affected. Does your online/heartbeat light on the front-left of your TiVo ever flash when VoD drops out?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AndySW18,

Thank you for coming back to us and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with watching your On Demand services at the moment. I can understand how frustrating this issue must be.

Have you taken a look at our TV Errors page to see if this can help? Have you recently rebooted your TV box and Broadband Hub to see if this can help with your issue?

Are you able to play further episodes of your show without any issues at all, or does the same error show up?

Let us know so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I had done all the reboots and restarts. It would stop in exactly the same place in the programme and as I said earlier my wife FF over the part where it stopped and then watched the rest of the programme. No issues with any other programmes and indeed no problems with the next episode of Greys Anatomy.

The only error recieved was as posted and there were no lights on the Tivo.

So in summary an isolated issue with one episode of a programme.