Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Unable to watch TV - Stuck again @16% loading channels and now S101 error.

Internet has been up and down as per and now only one Tivo box is showing all the channels.

One upstairs is fine. Box downstairs will not load TV channels and only saved & catchup are available. All cables are firmly seated and box / router etc etc etc have been rebooted to no avail.

Impossible to get through on phone to arrange an engineer / No reply to emails.

Been a customer for years and this might be the last straw and moving provider for sure.

Also next door neighbours have the same package as us and there bill is half what ours is. HOW DOES THAT WORK.

Not holding out for an answer from anyone from Virgin here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to watch TV - Stuck again @16% loading channels and now S101 error.

You've got a few issues here, so I'll try to pick them out in turn.

@RDJ2011 wrote:

Internet has been up and down as per and now only one Tivo box is showing all the channels.

Have you tried following Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > "I'm missing some channels" to send a refresh to the affected box? Not sure what you mean by your internet being "up and down as per", but if you've got issues with your incoming signal levels - that will affect everything downstream of that, TV & broadband included.

@RDJ2011 wrote:

One upstairs is fine. Box downstairs will not load TV channels and only saved & catchup are available. All cables are firmly seated and box / router etc etc etc have been rebooted to no avail.

Can you try swapping the boxes around, to prove whether the box is genuinely faulty or there's a possible separate issue?

@RDJ2011 wrote:

Impossible to get through on phone to arrange an engineer / No reply to emails.

Not impossible, but long queues at times I agree. Unfortunately, a bit of persistence and/or patience can be necessary in current times - and I don't just include Virgin in this.

@RDJ2011 wrote:

Also next door neighbours have the same package as us and there bill is half what ours is. HOW DOES THAT WORK.

Quite easily - different accounts can have different discounts or loyalty offers on their account, or may have renegotiated their package at some point. If you're outside your minimum term, you can do the same.

@RDJ2011 wrote:

Not holding out for an answer from anyone from Virgin here.

This is primarily a user-forum, VM staff do respond to posts after (currently) a week or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to watch TV - Stuck again @16% loading channels and now S101 error.

Hi RDJ2011,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry you've been having problems with your broadband and TV. I can appreciate you'd like to get this fixed as soon as possible. 

Have you followed all of the fantastic advice from japitts?

If so, and you're still having issues, let me know and I can help you further.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos