Menu
kimwiles
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ultra 4k

I have 2 boxes, only one of them has the 4k channels, the v6 box, the second box is a tivo and doesn't have them, how do I get them on?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ultra 4k

You can’t on TiVo. You will need to upgrade the TiVo to a V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

kimwiles
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah thought it may be that, I am on the ultimate oomph which online for new customers says 2 x v6 boxes which I queried when I resigned for a second term. Seems like its the usual thing that new customers always get more benefits than customers who have been with virgin since the telewest days. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@kimwiles wrote:

Seems like its the usual thing that new customers always get more benefits than customers who have been with virgin since the telewest days. 

Nothing to do with new customers vs old ones, and everything to do with the box as Ernie has already mentioned.

A new TV-only customer would get given a TiVo box - this doesn't support 4K UHD

An existing customer with TV & broadband who has a V6, would have access to 4K channels (package dependent)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
kimwiles
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I have had a V6 box since they were available. I signed up to the ultimate oomph and was given the TiVo box as the second box. The specification of the bundle for a new customer is 2 x v6 boxes. I have the 4K channels on the V6 box. Just saying the special offers online for new customers always seem to be better than loyal customers who have been paying for years. 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

'the special offers online for new customers always seem to be better than loyal customers who have been paying for years'

it applies to most companies. it is the way business works. groomed in on a company loss maker then jack the prices up.

0 Kudos