Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ultimate Oomph Loyal Customer

Hi,

I have been on the Ultimate Oomph Package for a year now and can't seem to talk to anyone on the Virgin Media help line.

Being a loyal customer, can I sign up for another 12 month contract of the Ultimate Oomph for the same price.

It seems weird that you only receive a special price as a new customer, when almost every other industry in the world rewards clients for repeat service.

Please can someone contact me with my options as I have been on hold with the help line for hours now. If I hear George Ezra or Imagine Dragons anymore I may just explode.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ultimate Oomph Loyal Customer

That's really interesting what you say about loyalty. Personally I've never came across a company that rewards loyalty over new customers, what companies do that?

Off the top of my head my:

Mortgage, saving accounts, home insurance, bank accounts, car insurance, boiler care, gas and electric, mobile phone contract all reward new customers more than "loyal" customers

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I’ve asked the same question before and never had an answer - who are these businesses that reward loyalty?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

• I think that a UK Telecoms Company, Mr. M's old Company, and a Company that sounds like "Chat Chat" allow their out-of-contract customers to get the same deals as new customers, when they take out a new contract.
  • An Insurance company that starts with "A" has a thing called "A Plus", The main selling point is that existing customers will be treated the same as, or better than new customers.
  • Loyalty cards for customers in some stores get discounts as well.
  • If you buy a 12 month magazine subscription you get a discount. When the 12 months is up and you want another 12 month subscription you receive the same price as someone who is buying the subscription for the first time.
  • When your 24 month mobile phone contract is finished you can get a new 24 month contract at the same prices as someone getting the contract for the first time.
  • Discounts on next shopping trip based on how much was spent the last time you shopped.

I think that if a competitor offers the same product as company A, but treated their loyal clients (clients who stayed with them after 1 year) the same as if they were new clients by offering the product at the same price(or even a small increase based on CPI inflation), the competitor would take a lot of Company A's clients after the 1st year because of Company A's massive price increase because you're now an "old customer".

Imagine how many more customers Virgin would have if they were the only company in it's industry to treat old and new clients exactly the same.

Virgin wouldn't have any competition at all.

That's just my own opinion though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

All I'm saying is that I want to feel like Virgin is happy to be receiving my business.

I see that the present offer for new customers to the Ultimate Oomph Package can pay £89 per month for an 18 month contract. Would it be possible for me to sign an 18 month contract and get it for £99 per month?

So Virgin is still making £10 per month more, but keeping me (and other customers) happy and happy to keep referring people (new customers) to them because of the reasonable prices and great service?

Thank you for understanding. 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Timbo618

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the hold times, we are busier than normal. 

We're not able to offer packages via this forum. Please either give us a call on 150 // 0345 454 1111 options 1 and 4. Or text the team on 07533051809 and we can assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thank you for the information. I tried texting but they couldn't offer me anything about the Ultimate Oomph, but were very helpful.

I did then manage to get hold of the call centre early in the morning and I took up a reasonable offer on the Ultimate Oomph for the next 18 months.

Thanks again and have a great evening. 🙂

Regards,

Tim.

0 Kudos