Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

USB keyboard stopped working !

I've been using a USB keyboard (wireless with the dongle plugged into the back) on my Virgin Media TIVO for some years, and it's been so useful, searching/navigating is so much easier from the keyboard than the infrared remote.

But on Tuesday it seems to have stopped working 😞 I guess a software update has disabled this incredibly useful feature.

Was anyone else using a keyboard, and knows how to get it working again ?

Thanks,

Bernard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: USB keyboard stopped working !

Apologies for stating the obvious, but just in case! Have you tested the keyboard on another device to check it isn't that that is the problem? And checked the battery?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I've checked the keyboard/dongle works on a computer, so it feels software update is the most likely answer, but I suppose the USB port on the back of the Tivo box could have failed !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Was I really the *only* person using a keyboard, it was so much better than the IR remote (when it worked!)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you tried the mobile/tablet VM TV Control app as an alternative?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/apps/tv-control

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I've given the remote app a try, it did take a little bit of setting up, but does work, it feels a bit sluggish compared to the USB keyboard but it's a lot better than the infrared remote !

I guess they disabled the USB to push people into the app ? (If the USB was re-enabled I'd go back to that!)

0 Kudos