Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

URGENT HELP NEED PLEASE

working from home as an NHS GP in London and moving house this weekend.

Set up a Virgin Media account in September for installation date  in the new property in mid October 2020, well ahead of move day. House is in West London, residential road and our neighbours are connected to Virgin so we thought we would too. 

x 2 visits from local engineers so far ->

- First visit they broke the cement slabs outside my house and left them in a really dangerous position; have since fallen over them twice.No explanation or apology offered on the day. 

- Second visit -> engineer was there for less than five minutes and left. No advice, guidance or explanation of what was happening or what the delay is due to. 

- In between I'm calling Customer support; at least six times; each time on hold for over 30 minutes and no resolution; each time hoping that someone can provide an update or advice as to what needs to happen and each time directed from different call centres between India, the UK and possibly the Philippines with no resolution, understanding or compassion for the situation. 

In a really desperate situation; need the internet asap to consult with patients particularly during such difficult times!

Please can someone from Virgin reach out and help as soon as possible. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT HELP NEED PLEASE

Hi do you have a business account. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

if you have such a vital job that needs the internet you need to have a redundancy. Get a second connections as well and use that until the VM one is up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kav2,

Welcome to our Community Forum and I'm sorry to hear about your installation. It's not what we like to hear and I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused.  May I ask whether your new property is already cabled? It may have been our Pre-Installs Team who visit before the actual install. They may have spotted something unforeseen which requires some more work and that they need to go back with the right equipment to complete the cabling work.

I'm sorry that they haven't explained to you or apologised to you regarding the state of the external grounds, but can you check your online account to see if there is a new install date on there? Usually the actual install takes place a few days later. 

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos