Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tvio 500GB box won't start up after being off for a few days

My Tvio box is cycling round and round trying to start up. I have done the checks and unplugging etc. The box was off for a couple of days and now won't come back up.My other box is fine.

Other posts suggest box will need replacing? Can I get help here rather than trying to hang on the telephone?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tvio 500GB box won't start up after being off for a few days

@crbell wrote:

My Tvio box is cycling round and round trying to start up. I have done the checks and unplugging etc. The box was off for a couple of days and now won't come back up.My other box is fine.

Was it in standby for those couple of days, or off at the mains?

@crbell wrote:

Other posts suggest box will need replacing? Can I get help here rather than trying to hang on the telephone?

Somewhere between possibly and probably, yes. You can get help here, the current wait time for VM staff to respond is upto a week. I'd recommend calling, personally - but it's your choice. There's also the text message service (07533 051809) which can take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tvio 500GB box won't start up after being off for a few days

It was off at the mains. 

Thanks for the advice about calling. As it is a second TV it is not so urgent. I am constantly on the phone for a different household problem trying to get through to a company, hence the a lower priority for this... especially when trying to work as well!

0 Kudos