Menu
RS1906
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tv service doesn’t work

What do you have to do to get help from Virgin? Indefinite times on hold, no notifications on how long you wait to have call answered, same songs on a loop. Tv service not working yet again been going on for a long time. Was told it’s a area signal fault, yet neighbours have no problems. Engineers have been out changing cables, no improvement, they suspect problem is box but to try it. Still not working properly, been told I have to pay for a box if it needs to be changed! So internal fault means I have pay! Astounding! I pay for a service I’m not getting and then I’m expected to pay again for their faulty equipment! As a long standing customer what message are you giving us? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv service doesn’t work

Hi RS1906,

You don't have to pay for a replacement box if your box is faulty. 

You need to provide a little more information before we can try and help.

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

What error messages are you seeing with the TV service?

Do you have a blank screen?

Is the screen pixellated?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
RS1906
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The screen pixelates.

On demand freezes, screen goes blank then a message comes up saying cables are disconnected when they aren’t. Then says to reboot the box, which we have lost count how many times we have done this. When you go back to on demand service to watch your programme thinking must be ok, it freezes again and so the cycle starts all over again with the message etc. Also the box intermittently will take an age to load a page if you go to demand service or switch to home page the buffering symbol appears and takes an age to load. 

@newapollo wrote:

Hi RS1906,

You don't have to pay for a replacement box if your box is faulty. 

You need to provide a little more information before we can try and help.

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

What error messages are you seeing with the TV service?

Do you have a blank screen?

Is the screen pixellated?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a TiVo or a V6? If not sure, check here 

And do you have Virgin broadband?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
RS1906
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo box

And I have broadband 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can only suggest that, as per other posts have already suggested, your box is potentially faulty and VM faults may ultimately have to replace it.  But they need to know you're having issues.

The reason for asking about broadband, was that the V6 is a much newer box and if you have VM broadband (which is a requirement) you may be able to negotiate a swapout from your TiVo to a V6 box and potentially get a newer/cheaper package out of the deal. It depends how long you've had your current deal for, and whether you're in contract or not.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
RS1906
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the information.

Trouble is trying to get in contact with VM on the phone is a trial On its own , and the website from what I have experienced is no better, from unable to load this page try again later, to suddenly my details aren’t recognised and being asked to set up an account. Trying this to see shat happens results in being told my account already exists, but when you try to log in again it states details not recognised, so what do you do?

Have been with Virgin for a long time but don’t feel they reward you in anyway or value you unless you are a new customer.

Maybe time to find a new service provider!

0 Kudos