Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tv pixelating

Hi, looking for some help please with intermittent pixelating. Have already called, something was apparently done & advised if it happens again- to tighten the cables into the box. Well it’s happening again, have tightened the cable & is still happening. Any advice? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv pixelating

I am also suffering from bad pixelation and screen breaking up here (Christchurch, area 20).

Happening across all channels, and on all 3 V6 boxes in the house 😞

Things we have recorded previously are OK, and Sky Movies On Demand seems OK, Netflix also seems OK.

Tried switching the boxes off and on again, checked the connections and still no good, ran the online test and it didnt show any problems, but there most definitely is a problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Pixellation is almost certainly indicative of signal issues - you can either wait for a forum team to pick your posts up (may take a few days) or you can call into faults-C/S and have them take a look there and then. It can often need an engineer appointment booking, so potentially the sooner it's booked the sooner it's fixed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Japitts, have called in already, they did something & it seemed ok for about a day, then back to pixelating! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Julekb wrote:

Thanks Japitts, have called in already, they did something & it seemed ok for about a day, then back to pixelating! 

I'm sadly not surprised. The odds on chances are that whatever is causing your issue, is a physical fault somewhere on the VM local network or in your cabling. No amount of resets or refreshes (or whatever else C/S do with such things) is going to solve that, so they've succeeded in getting you off the phone and showing your fault as "resolved".

That it's returned, is of no surprise and why you need to insist on an engineer visit - or maybe after C/S try their "fix", then advise them that the problem is still ongoing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I will pluck up courage and set aside time to call in again. 😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I am having the same problem! Naively I thought it was my 5 year old Panasonic TV so I bought a new TV hoping the problem would be solved. Of course not! The TV was given to my daughter and doesn’t have Virgin and the TV picture quality photo is superb.

I eventually got through to customer support ,after 40 minutes ,and was told to tighten my coaxial cable and everything would be fine. He took no notice of what I was telling him. I am fed up with this pixelation. It never used to be a problem. It must be a problem with the cable or whatever it is which comes into the house from the box outside. How can you get an engineer to check it out? I wouldn’t mind but Virgin are quite content to increase the cost annually but with a less quality service. I live in the WA10 postcode if this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi melmagtilly,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your Tv services. 

Can I check are the pixels affect all channels?

^Martin

0 Kudos