Menu
Gary991
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tv picture pixelating

1. Tv keeps pixilating even recording been in touch with virgin still telling me there is no problem all I asked is a technician to call so I can show them the recorded programmes  but seem to do nothing been with them since telewest  days paying 95 pound a month adds up to a few bob so at this moment I have a cancellation date  just wish they would sort it out or will have to give sky a try but have heard internet is not that good
0 Kudos
MandyHallen
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv picture pixelating

Am having exactly the same problems today (Sunday).  V6 box keeps freezing today and also yesterday.  Only had Virgin for a week so very disappointed.  Will try again tomorrow and then report to Virgin. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'd love to hear one of these calls where someone is reporting a picture breakup issue and the faults agent says there's no problem.

My response would be along the lines of "well sorry but there is, why else would I be calling you"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Gary991 and MandyHallen,

How are the services looking since your respective posts?

Can you please ensure that all cables are finger tight as the socket and the set top box is well ventilated. 

If you're still struggling either I or one of my colleagues would be happy to take a look into this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Gary991
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, have still been having issues however spoke to someone very helpful tonight who located the fault.. technician and a new box coming tomorrow!

0 Kudos
MandyHallen
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Managed to speak to a Virgin agent today who will send around a technician in 2 days time but I will need to be at home which means taking time out of work so not so happy about this having taken time out for the original installation! My neighbour is having the same problems as me so it is obviously something outside the house. Will update once there is a resolution. Hopefully this inconvenience will be taken into consideration when billing as how else how are we supposed to recommend Virgin?!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary991 - Glad to hear you've got a tech visit, please let us know how this goes.

Hi MandyHallen - We would always need someone over the age of 18 at a property for any technical engineer visits. Regarding the billing, TV faults doesn't come under the automatic compensation scheme. You can find out more here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
MandyHallen
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Never needed the engineer to visit after all - got a kind message from Virgin saying my service visit had been put on hold whilst a network problem was being investigated.  Lo and behold, the problem was fixed automatically the next day.  Thank you Virgin Media but wish it had been resolved without my having to go through all of the complaining. Just happy to have my TV back. Happy days! 

0 Kudos