Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tv keeps stuttering on recordings and if i rewind the tv

Every recording stutters every few seconds. If live tv is rewound it stutters aswell. Tried unplugging box and that seems to work for a few minutes but then it starts stuttering again. Tried a different HDMI lead aswell. The online test says there is a fault with the box and to get in touch with virgin.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tv keeps stuttering on recordings and if i rewind the tv

Hi evannicholls,

The errors you describe sound very much like a hard drive problem and a replacement box. Have you tried rebooting the box?

Usually when you sign into either Check Service status or My Virgin Media, as you have found,  it shows any local faults and allows you to run a test against the V6 box. 

Because that didn't work you need to contact the Faults team on 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up, rather than going through all the automated tests .If that doesn't resolve the problem then call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

VM Forum Staff may pick this up for you, however it can take between a few days and a week.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tried phoning customer service twice now being on hold for 60 mins both times. Can't this problem be sorted out over this forum, if a new box needs to be sent out, as the box is about 8 years old. Being on hold for an hour both times is reason enough to start to look if sky have any offers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There is a text message service on 07533 051809 which may get you a response in a couple of days.

Otherwise forum staff pick posts up from here, but they currently have about a week's delay.. it's only fair to point out that they work through the oldest unread posts first.

If you've had the box as long as that, it's possible you may be on an older package and there may be a newer, more cost-effective one available.... which could include a box-swap to a newer V6 model, assuming you have VM broadband..

I'd seriously consider that as another option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos