Menu
Befproven
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tv image breaking up

I have a virgin media TiVo box and the images have been starting to pixilate and break up for about a year. Normally it doesn't impact all the channels but in the past week its got worse so now all channels are impacted and tv is unwatchable. I've had a read of these forums and tried restarting the box numerous times and checking all the connections but nothing seems to be helping. 

Also the Netflix, iPlayer etc haven't  worked for some time - it's let's you start watching something but then quickly freezes and tells you the service is unavailable

Help! 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv image breaking up

I suspect you have 2 separate issues, but they could well be interlinked.

Pixellation on live TV is often caused by signal issues - if a single reboot doesn't fix it, then there's clearly an underlying fault that needs to be fixed - but unless you report it to VM, they often won't know you have problems.

Netflix, iPlayer, OnDemand and all streaming services use the internet, and the TiVo has an inbuilt connection. On the front-left of your box are a row of green lights. Second from-left has a painted heart symbol next to it, and is the online status light - this should be on solidly, but if it ever flashes, that indicates the inbuilt internet connection has failed - so your box can't use the internet. Is yours flashing

It's quite possible that, although the internet & TV signals are separate, a problem either on your cabling or within the TiVo is affecting both. After you've checked the online light and know whether that's an issue, you have 2 choices...

1: Call VM to report the fault - 150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and choose the "I have a fault" option.

2: Wait on here for VM staff to pick this post up, that may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv image breaking up

Good afternoon @Befproven 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your TV.

As a few days have passed since your original post, are you able to let us know how things are looking? Did you manage to speak with the team over the phone? If not we can look further into this for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos