Menu
Jude2
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tv guide updating issues

Over the last couple of days I've noticed that the TV guide wasn't updating as normal (every 6 hours) it updated at around 10am yesterday but hasnt seemed to since.  This morning I noticed that the box had rebooted itself over night, but still today the guide hasn't updated normally.  There doesn't seem to a problem connecting to the network all looks good there but the box doesn't seem to download any updates from the connections.  I'm not sure if this has something to do with the reboot that happened overnight or not?  I'm not sure if this has happened nationwide, I my area (25) or is it just me?  If anyone can give me advice I'll be very grateful ☺

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tv guide updating issues

Do you have a TiVo or a V6? Check here if you're not sure.

Under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what is reported as the last successful connection on the left-hand-side? And is there any error message showing?

If you select "Connect to Virgin Media services now" at the bottom of the screen, does this force an update for you?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jude2
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mine is a tivo box. Everything looks good and when I forced a connection there was no problem, connected to the network said it completed successfully however still not updated the TV guide.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
ozsat
Superstar
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

For which channel/days are not updating - or are all channels saying 'to be announced' ?

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As per ozsat - there were some issues with C5's listings which were resolved overnight. Currently the "terrestrial" channels (101-105) have listings upto Friday Feb 5th.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jude2
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok an update.  After following the great advice on here, and forcing a successful connection, although the guide wasn't updating, I decided to call 150, even though i wasnt happy about being on hold for hours,  as nothing had updated for at least 24 hours and nothing was showing up in the service status as a problem. So going through the automated checks I was told to reboot/restart my box, i thought this was strange as the box had already rebooted itself overnight, but I thought I'd try anyway.  15 mins after forcing a connection and although successful the guide hadn't updated, I rebooted the box, and once restarted I forced another connection and this time it started updating the guide.  Really not sure if there was an issue with the reboot overnight, or if the reboot overnight had affected the network,but all seems to be working again.  

Jude2
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Jude2 wrote:

Ok an update.  After following the great advice on here, and forcing a successful connection, although the guide wasn't updating, I decided to call 150, even though i wasnt happy about being on hold for hours,  as nothing had updated for at least 24 hours and nothing was showing up in the service status as a problem. So going through the automated checks I was told to reboot/restart my box, i thought this was strange as the box had already rebooted itself overnight, but I thought I'd try anyway.  15 mins after forcing a connection and although successful the guide hadn't updated, I rebooted the box, and once restarted I forced another connection and this time it started updating the guide.  Really not sure if there was an issue with the reboot overnight, or if the reboot overnight had affected the network,but all seems to be working again.  

I have since spoken to my elderly neighbours and other friends and family both in my town and within my area (25)  who have all had this issue over the last 24 - 48 hours, I told them to try to force a connection, each time it was successful, I then told them what 150 automated response told me.  They then rebooted their boxes and all then forced another connection and their guides all updated eventually.  

So my advice for anyone noticing this issue within area 25 or other areas nationwide, would be if forcing a connection doesnt update the tv guide, then reboot your box and once restarted try another forced connection, that might solve the problem.  Not sure if it is a network issue or whether there is an issue at local area level.  But if it is a nationwide network issue, then it might be happening in individual areas at different times, and so could be happening Area 26, 27 or 28 today for example.

0 Kudos