Menu
Trev207
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tuning in my new Toshiba 4K UltraHD TV

I'm unable to tune in my new Toshiba 4K Ultra HD tv through my Tivo box. Does anyone know why? Do I need to upgrade to a V6 box

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tuning in my new Toshiba 4K UltraHD TV

You do not tune in a TV to cable TV.

You simply use your TV remote control to change the Source to the HDMI port to which you connected your TiVo.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Trev207
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Ernie. 

As it's a first time installation, the TV instructions say that I need to select the source (HDMI 1) and then do an automatic channel scan, which I did. However, no channels are found, and I get a message saying check your antenna. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

There is no need for scanning for channels as the TIVO box doesn't transfer the channels to to the TV, just make sure the TV is on the same HDMI source that the TIVO is plugged into and the TIVO is powered on then using the TIVO remote select the channel you need.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Trev207
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mike.

I suspect that my problems lie elsewhere - I've just connected another tv (an older one that's been working ok) to the Tivo box, and I get the same problem ie. no signal. 

The reason I bought a new tv was because during the storms the other week, my tv was hit by lightening and it stopped working. I suspect that the Tivo box was also affected. I guess I'll need an engineer to sort out the problems.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Properly written, the TV’s instruction should say to skip the tuning part if you are connecting to a set top box.

Tuning is only required when you want to get the Freeview channels through your roof top aerial.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

That would more than likely be the issue, if the TV was affected by a lightning strike then that could have also affected the TIVO box, looks like you are going to need a replacement TIVO.

Mike

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trev207,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry you are unable to set up your new TV to our Tivo box, I would like to get this resolved for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos