Menu
CRJohnson1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Trying to connect to TV after months of inactivity: Error message 3014

Hi - I am trying to connect TV after months of inactivity. I get error message 3014. 

I have tried calling VM on 150 but cannot get through after more than an hour of waiting. I have no TV service at all.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trying to connect to TV after months of inactivity: Error message 3014

Hi CRJohnson1,

Which TIVO box do you have?

As far as I can see that error code relates to an invalid smart card which would mean you have one of the very old VM boxes and it may have been discontinued.

If that's not the case then you would need to  phone 0800 953 9500 to get your box activated.  You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Trying to connect to TV after months of inactivity: Error message 3014

If you're not sure which TV box you have, check here  - if it's a TiVo or V6, then the box may have been deactivated and a call to C/S should be sufficient.

If you have one of the older (non-recording) boxes then it is now obsolete and you will need to call C/S to arrange a swap.

Unfortunately this is not a query that can be resolved by VM forum staff, you will need to be patient with C/S and speak to an agent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos