Menu
Highlighted
MikeM14
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To be announced

Some channel on my Tivo box guide are showing “to be announced”. They seem to be all the BBC, ITV, channel 4, Channel 5 channels. 

I can access the channels, but have no program info & can not record from them.

I’ve tried both reconnecting to the network, through the settings & switching the box off & on.

any help please?  

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: To be announced

The FTA channels should currently have listings upto Friday 20th, and sometime around 20th/21st these should populate until the 27th.

If you go into Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. Does the box give you a date or time of the last successful connection? Or is there an error message?

0 Kudos
MikeM14
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Last successful connection was 29/08 02:13

showing next attempt as “in progress”

0 Kudos
MikeM14
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

At the connecting screen (for network)

it shows:

Preparing (finished)

Connecting (finished)

Disconnecting (finished)

Loading info .... this part takes a very long time, after which the box reboots.

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

From the sounds of it, your box is rebooting after every guide update then.. or failing. I'd think this is indicative of either a failing box, or maybe (unlikely but possible) something a bit amiss in the guide data/scheduled programmes.

I can't check at the moment, but there's an option somewhere in the help & settings menu for "delete planned recordings and reboot box" or similar. You could try this on the off-chance some programme scheduling is causing a problem... but I have my doubts.

You're probably going to end up calling this in as a faulty box I suspect.

0 Kudos