Menu
Craig44
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

To Be Announced

My father recently had V6 swapped in as primary box. Recently started watching secondary TiVo in bedroom and seeing To be announced on TV giude. Could this be as a result of upgrading primary upgrade.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: To Be Announced

It's possible, but I'd expect to see "Error 7400: Unregistered box" or similar wording, in that case.

In logical order, on the box with EPG problems: Assuming the physical connections are tight and clean, does live TV (pick a channel beyond the terrestrial 5) work ok - this proves the incoming feed. Does a CatchUp program work ok? This proves the return path & VOD connections ok.

Assuming all good so far, follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check when the last good connection was, or what the reason for failure is. You can also try a fresh connection from here.

Try these and we should have a much better idea where your problem lies.

0 Kudos
Craig44
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There are several "To Be Announced" below the terrestrial channels. Tried a connect to virgin services which failed.

I was just visiting and couldn't investigate any further. Hopefully on the basis of him being aged 87 and a techniphobe he should hopefully get an engineer call out and not get put through the call centre mill.

Weird that I had the similar issue some weeks ago. 

Not one I can deal with now, but thanks again for response.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig44 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 
We will send you a private message 
Kind regards 
Chris 

0 Kudos