cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo

casserced
Up to speed

My tivo box has stopped working. I have tried to plug it into different electric sockets. The light does not come on. Have checked the back connection and switch...all good.

Just no power to the tivo box!

What is the next step to get my TV services back?

Thanks

Antoine 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call in to report the fault. 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Or wait here a day or so for the staff team to respond.

TiVo's are replaced with V6 which run the same software on a much newer, quicker box - providing you have VM home broadband.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for replying.

So i called, went through automate steps, provided a mobile to text me a link to.

Got the link, followed all the steps... selected more help need and got the option to "chat to us on line" or "call us".

I clicked on online chat, nothing happened. No chat windows (have checked pop-up permissions).

The number is the same one as the number I first called... and I go round in circle!!!

This is tiresome.... it would be nice to be able to speak to a human being without all this faffing around 😞

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You may succeed if you ignore all the prompts for self-serve, getting a link etc and just wait silently on the line without pressing any options after "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, casserced.
Thank you for reaching out on our help forums and welcome back to the community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear your TV box is failing to switch on and the trouble you've had reporting this to our team, this is not the level of service we aim for and we're happy to best assist you.

In order to check further and help I will need to send you a PM here soon.
Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Just received a call from an engineer who asked me to confirm there was no power to the box and is arranging to send a replacement one, which is good new.

Just wondering if this last step was necessary.

Thanks for your help and hopefully all services will be back to normal soon

Antoine

Thank you for the update @casserced 

I can see you are currently in PMs with a member of our team regarding the new box delivery. Please remain in contact there and my colleague will do their best to help with this 🙂

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs