Menu
jsparks21
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo

Our Tv keeps pixelating and when we access catchup or Netflix, the programme freezes and drops out. We can access Netflix on our iPads, so it is not the internet connection. The tv works ok, apart from pixelating so we suspect the TiVo box. We have tried rebooting but nothing seems to solve it. Any thoughts or suggestions

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo

You've not said whether this is a TiVo or a V6, which does make a difference where streaming apps are concerned - the TiVo has a few issues there, the V6 less so. If you're not sure which you have, check here 

Pixellation on live TV is the same on all TV boxes - reboot the box once, if it persists, you've got a (likely signal-related) fault which often needs an engineer visit to resolve, very occasionally a replacement box.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jsparks21
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It’s a TiVo not the V6, what next?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TiVo boxes have two main issues with OnDemand, and streaming apps especially.

Firstly, they are fundamentally an old box running old hardware, there's no getting around that. If you have VM broadband, the V6 is a vastly better box.

Secondly, the inbuilt internet connection can sometimes fail without users realising - no internet means no OnDemand, apps or anything else. On the front-left of a TiVo are a series of green lights, second-from-left is the "online" light and this represents your box's connection status. Static on is good, flashing is bad an is a fault.

If you have this fault, then calling Virgin Media faults and reporting it, should result in either an engineer visit or replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jsparks21
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for help and advice.

0 Kudos