Menu
nimbus123
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo won't record most programmes with a catch-up 'C'...

Hi,
I have real difficulty with recording programmes that have the catch-up 'C' (with the arrow around it). I requested that my Tivo box record 'Chasing Classic Cars' on Friday morning at 11:00am on Quest TV (series link). I cam to the box later and nothing had recorded. I know that the 'C' signifies that the programme is available on catch-up. However, when I search for the programme, and many others, I cannot find it. So I invariably miss most programmes that I want to record.

Even if the box brings them in from the catch-up service, the programme will usually stop half-way through as 'not being available at this time' (or similar) - this often happens with C5 and ITV, which can be very annoying when you are engrossed in a murder mystery.

How can I force my device to actually RECORD everything that I want to? - no catch-up etc. When I tell it to record, it records - simple as!
Thanks

0 Kudos
keithse
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo won't record most programmes with a catch-up 'C'...

The options for a Series Link are for it to record "new only", "new&reruns" or "everything".  If you have New Only set then it will not record stuff that's not tagged with the "new" flag (i.e. it's been shown before).  You may be better with Everything in this case.

Also, you can go backwards in time on the Guide to a programme with the 'C' symbol and then select it to launch the Catch-Up from there without needing to Search.

Keith

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo won't record most programmes with a catch-up 'C'...

What does Recording Hiccups say, for the programs you set to record but don't?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos