Menu
akribie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo to TV needs frequent input swap

After years without problems with an older Tivo box, recently upgraded to Tivo 6.

HDMI into Sony Bravia TV has always been faultless.

With the new box, all works fine on HDMI 1 for several days. Then no input to TV. Swapping to HDMI 2 input restores the connection.

After a few days, need to swap back again.

I've tried swapping between my old 1m HDMI lead and the similar lead supplied with the new box. Makes no difference.

This is getting very boring, especially since I'm the only non-technophobe in the house.

Any hints as to the cause or cure?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Scott_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo to TV needs frequent input swap

Hi. Try changing the video output. If it is on 2160p try 1080p.
See below.

Display

To change the way that the picture shows on your TV, like widescreen and output format, you’ll need to adjust the display format.
1.Press Home on your remote
2.Select Help & Settings
3.Choose Settings
4.Select Video Output

Video Output
FormatYour box receives signals in any of these possible formats – 2160p, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576i and 576p. Your V6 will automatically set the best video output format for your TV. You can also set the output format for your TV by going to the Video Output Format screen and selecting Auto Detect.

The Video Output Format screen allows you to test and set the video output format manually. Select Test Formats and then follow the on-screen prompts to test which formats your television can display.The supported formats will be automatically selected in the list of available video formats.

If my answer was helpful to you please mark you post as helpful answer and consider leaving kudos.
Thanks Scott

Want to do right by your nearest and dearest and both earn a £50 credit off your bill? It's simple, Just text ‘RAF 92082 to 80011 with your postcode, account number, friend's name and phone number, so we can call them now.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

akribie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  It was already on 1080. I've run the test and all up to 1080 worked OK.

Maybe that will change things.  I'll come back if not.

0 Kudos
Scott_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you could just mark me on the main post as helpful answer that would be great as it also shows my manager I am doing something.Believe it is under post options.Many thanksScott

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
akribie
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Problem still there. Just to remind - only appeared after change from Tivo 4 to 6.

I've now done a TV system reset and dug deeper into the settings.Remains to be seen if this makes any difference since it is intermittent and takes several days to emerge..

There is an HDMI input setting on the TV that gives two options: AUTO and LIMIT. It is set by default to AUTO. Could this have any influence on my problem?

Is there any setting on Tivo 6 that alters HDMI output characteristics?

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What is plugged into the other HDMI ports?

0 Kudos
akribie
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Two HDMI ports on TV. Nothing in the other port, which I have to keep swapping to regain contact with the Tivo box.

0 Kudos