Menu
Davlowe
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo stuck on startup screen

Hi,had new tivo 6 delivered and after long telephone calls finally got working,info with box says I can continue to use my old tivo box in another room,I have installed it in bedroom with home connected to hub but am stuck on startup screen,tivo box is showing 1 blue and 1 flashing red light,all my recordings are on this box.

I have tried to transfer my series links etc as per instructions this shows my old box as deactivated is this the issue?

Hope you can help

Regards

Dave

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo stuck on startup screen

Let's check some basics here... you've recently swapped your TiVo for a V6, yes? Check here for a picture of the different models.

Was this a fault swapout, or an additional room? To have multiple boxes in different rooms, requires a chargeable multiroom subscription. Unless you have one, then the new box is a replacement for the old one, not an additional.

The series link copy functionality is unfortunately a known issue - all the onscreen prompts are there, but it's not worked for the best part of a year now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Davlowe
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI japitts

Thanks for your reply,yes the box's are correct, it was a swap for a supposedly faulty box as diagnosed by Virgin which turned out not to be faulty, I understand the multi room subscription but all I want to do is to view all my already recorded material on the old box. 

I offered to return the new box to Virgin when my old one turned out to not be faulty but was told to keep both as it was probably likely to fail again as it was an intermittent fault,I was also assured I could watch everything on my old box when I did swap which I now have  as long as it was connected to the hub by hdmi which it is.

As all my recordings are on the hard drive I would have thought I would be able to view them but on switching on I get stuck on the starting up screen with a blue and flashing red light?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If your old TiVo has received the deactivation hit and/or been powered down, the only way it will boot up is by being activated. That now means having a multiroom subscription.

I'm sorry to say, but if you were told you could keep both boxes running without a multiroom subscription, then you were misadvised.

Have a dig through OnDemand, to see if you can find the programmes you've lost - or they may be broadcast again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Davlowe
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

I switched the old box off and disconnected before any attempt to install new one but it is showing as deactivated when I try to do the fruitless series link copy so maybe that's the issue,thanks again for your advice 

0 Kudos