Menu
Danc1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo stuck in endless update loop

My TiVo box keeps going through Updating stage 2 of 3, then goes to another 'Installing Software' screen of a list of 5 items which all update successfully. Then it restarts and goes through the cycle over and over again. Help please!! 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo stuck in endless update loop

You're best calling VM to report your fault.

You can try, as a last throw of the dice, powering your box off at the mains for 10minutes and retrying, but if not... 150 from a a VM landline (or 0345 4541111 from any other phone) and follow the prompts for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Danc1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your suggestions. 

I called Virgin today, they did some tests etc and said they'd call back, which has not happened yet.

I can now get 5 channels on the TiVo box which is a small improvement, however there seems to be limited connection and functions, I also have an 'S03' error. 

If I restart the box it still goes through one round of 'update 2 of 3' before giving me the channel list.

Very strange. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Danc1 wrote:

I called Virgin today, they did some tests etc and said they'd call back, which has not happened yet.

I hope I'm wrong and without being party to the call it's hard to comment further, but I fear you may have been "blagged".

On the basis of the posts in this thread, I can't see any reason why either an engineer visit or box replacement wouldn't be the sensible outcome.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Danc1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Haha yes it's a strong possibility, looks like I'll be calling them again then, my promised call back is at least 3 hours overdue... 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Danc1,

Thanks for posting and sorry for the late reply, 

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you've been able to get in touch,

Please let us know if you do need anything else.

Alex_Rm

Danc1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All sorted now, thanks 🙂 

0 Kudos