Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo stops working

Hi  

For a while now my TV on demand  stops working , I go through all the procedures re-booting  and restarting , try to connect to virgin in the settings menu and also go through instruction that are on the virgin website , this is very annoying  , instead of relaxing watching a good movie , I'm having to spend time having to try and get the box working , most of the time , I just turn into bed annoyed  

@Megan_L 

Regards 

Mal  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo stops working

Are you using a TiVo or a V6 box? If you're not sure, please check here 

Further advice does depend on which box you're using, as they connect to the internet differently.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its a Tivo box

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo's internet connection is inbuilt but may have issues.

On the front-left of the box there's a series of green lights, second from left has a painted heart symbol and is the "online" light - this should be solidly on. Is it?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Harlpop 🙂

Thanks for creating a new post for this separate issue with your TIVO box, I am sorry this is frustrating you when all you want to do is wind down with a good movie. Thanks for explaining all of the steps that you've already taken, these are the usual things that I would have asked so you've saved us some time there. Can I ask whether you get an error message when you try to watch On Demand? Is there an error code?

Also, the question Japitts asked will give us a helpful insight too, so are there any lights on the front of the box that could indicate an issue? 

Please let me know so we can continue!

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Yeah sometimes the light on the box turns orange , I guess its rebooting  , I sometimes get two red lights , I think indicating  loss of 

internet  , even when I have the wi-fi working on my laptop 

There has been a few  different error codes  , I have a inbox full  from  Virgin self-help services , asking how they are doing lol 

Like I say sometimes it works  , sometimes it will stop while watching ,sometimes I have to watch netflix  or prime from the channel list rather from the on-demand menu 

0 Kudos