Menu
Popey1985
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tivo remote

Hey guys been trying to speak to a tech but no joy over the phone hopefully someone can help i am 99% sure the tivo sensor on the box is faulty had no problems with it until randomly today.  My remote will not work unless its used bang next to the box basically touching the tivo i have changed batteries and i have 3 boxs no problems with the other 2 i have also tried a new remote and that has the same problem box will only pick up remote when next to the box 

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo remote

It does sound like the tivo is faulty, you could try giving the front a gentle clean, other than that you can wait till a virgin rep posts or call up

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's a simple thing but always worth a try... have you restarted the box?

If that fails to resolve and the TiVo still seems faulty, you can either wait on here for VM staff to respond, or call into faults via the 150 route.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Popey1985
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you i will do but pretty sure it's not the remote as i have a spare and it's doing the same 

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Popey1985 wrote:

Thank you i will do but pretty sure it's not the remote as i have a spare and it's doing the same 

Sorry I had a brain freeze, I edited the post as I knew it wasn't the remote, but for some reason I posted it anyway 

0 Kudos
Popey1985
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yea done full reset of box and still the same issue tried doing 150 route and never get to speak to anyone its all automated says it needs to do checks 1st then says there is no faults and it will send a link via text if any more issues the link then sends you round in circles asking the same things then points you to community or says ring 150 it's crazy just want to speak with a tech

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Switch off the tivo before you call, and it will see it as a fault

Popey1985
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ooo thank you will try this now 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@dannylau wrote:

Switch off the tivo before you call, and it will see it as a fault

Interesting danny - that's a new one but I can imagine that working!

My advice was going to be the same I tell everyone having problems with the IVR... once you've chosen the "I have a fault with my TV service" option, don't press any more buttons and just wait. Ignore the offers of a text or self-service, just wait. If the IVR hangs up on you, then redial immediately and repeat the process.

But, if your box is likely to be replaced, I like your suggestion better.

Popey1985
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well managed to get through to an actual person and omg no offence to anyone who works for virgin but what a joke this company is turning into.  The agent agreed a new box is needed and wanted to send me one but the system wont let him until he has sent a new remote even though a new remote has been paired with the box today and the problem is the same contracts are up so maybe a return to sky is needed because now i have to wait 2-3 days for new remote and then call up again to report the issue shouldn't have to be left like this yes it's only a small thing but if the equipment clearly isn't working correctly then fix it. 

0 Kudos