Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo remote won't connect to soundbar

Hi,

I have a new TV remote as the buttons on my last one wore out. I've tried connecting the new remote to my Samsung soundbar (as I had done previously) and followed the instructions (holding clear and TV, typing 1999 and scrolling up the channel etc.) but it won't work. I have tried numerous actions:

1. Code found and working but I didn't press OK quick enough and the remote reset
  2. Tried again and the code was found and working. Pressed OK but remote didn't save (eg. no longer working the volume)
  3. Tried again and the code was found and working. Pressed OK but remote didn't save (eg. no longer working the volume)
  4. Tried again and went through the codes until red light (end of codes) 
  5. Tried again and went through the codes until red light (end of codes) 
  6. Set the TV remote again through the help menu
  7. Tried again and went through the codes until red light (end of codes) 
  8. Tried again and went through the codes until red light (end of codes) 
  9. Reset the TV remote by using 0999
  10. Tried again and went through the codes until red light (end of codes) 
  11. Reset the TV remote by using 0999

It did find the code original just wouldn't save. Now it just won't find the code.

Anyone have any suggestions? I never had this trouble last time, it did it straight away..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo remote won't connect to soundbar

Hi jonkima,

Instead of pressing Clear and TV can you try pressing and holding down Clear and Volume Down at the same time until the light on top of the remote flashes green twice and see if that works please.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo remote won't connect to soundbar

Hi newapollo,

Thanks, I did that (following the instructions I found on this forum) I just didn't want to list in full again.

I've tried a number of times since but the remote won't recognise any codes, scrolling through until the red indicator...

0 Kudos