Menu
amelem
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tivo remote not working-how to get a replacement sent

Hello, I have an old 2011 tivo box and the remote control has stopped working.  I have replaced the batteries and followed all the guides on your website on what to do if your remote control  is not working, still nothing.   I am able to switch channels by pressing the buttons on the tivo box.  I have tried using the virgin tv control app but it doesnt work with my tivo box. I spent ages in a queue on your 150 number to no avail.  Please could you tell me how I go about getting a replacement remote control sent to me? 

0 Kudos
SCA1972
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo remote not working-how to get a replacement sent

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425... 

Or you can wait for one of the forum team to get to this thread, which usually also takes a few days.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

amelem
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have texted them, thanks for your help

0 Kudos
amelem
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still having no luck getting in contact with Virginmedia to get a replacement remote control sent out.  As I did not reply to their text immediately this morning they sent me back to the robot reply.  I have again telephoned their faults line and been stuck in a queue for ages, listening to music that I have never heard of singing something about giants, so fed up with this!  Please can someone from Virginmedia reply to this forum to help me get a new remote control. My tv box is old so that remote control app doesnt work on it.  

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Amelem,

thanks for your post 🙂

I am sorry to hear your remote is not working have you managed to reach our team since your post? If not let us know and we can pop you a message and get this sent out for you 🙂
thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
amelem
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I reached the team on 30th August 2020 by web chat and they told me that a new remote control would be delivered in 5 to 7 working days.  It still hasnt arrived pleased could you contact me to look into this for me, to see if a remote control has been posted. I have a reference number that the person I chatted with gave me.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @amelem

Thanks so  much for popping back - I was sorry to understand that you had not received your replacement remote control as yet. I have managed to locate your account from here for you and can see that you did indeed call us and the agent did not the account to advise a new one was ordered but I am sorry to advise that the order was not listed on your account. 

I have now done this for you and it'll be popped in the post ASAP and should be with you in a few days. It just comes 2nd class post and will fit through the letterbox

Keep us posted. There should be no reason as to why you can't use the Control App with the TiVo boxes; what happens when you try? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
amelem
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much Katie, really hope it arrives this time.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You're more than welcome @amelem - I assure you that it has been ordered as I did it personally 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
amelem
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Remote control has arrived today, thank you. 

0 Kudos