Menu
gc0123456
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo relocate to log cabin

I have two Tivo boxes in my house, one in the lounge connected to the Virgin Router and one in the bedroom.

I would like to temporarily relocate the Tivo box from my lounge into a log cabin in the Garden, whilst we are lock down.

I have run CAT 6 Ethernet cable to the Log cabin and tried connecting TIVO box but it will not load channels. Do i need to do somethings?

I cannot run any coax down to the shed 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Zoe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo relocate to log cabin

You would need the coax connection also.

Zoe

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Marty20
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the box requires coax to be ran to it. Virgin Media can do this for you at a charge but this would not be done during the pandemic. Thanks, Marty

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
BumbleVMTech
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The V6 and TiVo require coax to work. Can normally get this quite cheap online, just make sure its digital quality not airflow type

Regards

Rich

Here to help! I'm a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
REFER A FRIEND AND SHARE £100 BETWEEN YOU

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************
W7856764
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You will need coax cable to the tivo at the end of your garden, as this provides your Tv services. With everything that is going on with covid at the moment, virgin will not do this moving of a box as your services are running and this is not an emergency. If you still want it moved once this all called down, then you will be charged $100 to move it. Sorry no pound symbols. Hope this helps

0 Kudos