Menu
Caducea
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Tivo not connecting with TV since early March so watching on laptop

Since early March the Tivo box does not seem to "see" the TV.  Bad time to try Virgin for help tho' tried lots of times at the beginning - have just been watching on laptop, but not ideal.

Happened suddenly, as far as we know it's nothing we did here.  Have tried the usual suggestions on the Help pages at Virgin Media but nothing helps.

We do have a fairly unsophisticated TV but it always worked well before.  Very frustrating.  Anyone have any ideas to help?

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo not connecting with TV since early March so watching on laptop

Sorry to hear that you've had an issue since early March Caducea.

When you say it doesn't 'see' the TV? Have you checked the HDMI cable from the box to the TV.

Do you ever have picture on the TV?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Caducea
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for replying.  We have checked everything: pushed in cables, shut down and rebooted, gone through instruction manuals, etc.  I should say that we aren't great "techies", but I think we've tried everything we can at this end.  No, no picture at all, on any channel.

Might you have any suggestions?  Fortunately we have the laptop to watch from....

Many thanks for any help you can give.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You may need a new box, if you have tried all the methods on our webpage.

Are you watching on the laptop via your box or the TV Go app?

Does the channel guide come on when you change channels and there is no picture or is there just no picture at all on the screen.

Do you have another HDMI cable to see if the issue isn't with the cable?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Caducea
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven

We are watching on the laptop via iPlayer, so can only really see the BBC channels easily.  Also having trouble with getting the ITV progs, but that's an issue with the settings on laptop - I've done all they suggest but still doesn't work (honestly I do know a little about computers!)

No, nothing comes up on the screen except AV1 - which we also can't change.  Have changed the batteries in the remote, but still can't do anything to change the settings.

My OH says we don't have another HDMI cable...

I fear it may be the box and we'll need an engineer whenever they will be able to come out again.

Thanks again - still hopeful though.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

One more question and then we can arrange for a new box, if you don't have any luck with this.

You mentioned that it was on AV1, if you have a connection by HDMI, you would need to use the remote that came with the TV to change that to the HDMi connection. If this doesn't work, we can arrange for an engineer to visit.

Regards

Steven_L 

0 Kudos
Caducea
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello there

The remote that came with the television only seems to turn it on and off.  Can't change any channels or anything else.  I'm sure we sound like complete duffers but it's so frustrating, that's why we gave up trying ourselves and just watched on laptop.  Help from an engineer would be great if that's possible?

Thanks

Claire

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The remote that came with the TV, Is there a source button on theremote , it should look like a rectangle with an arrow pointing into the box. If you could press that and select the HDMI number that the box is connected to.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Caducea
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven
I can't see anything like that, sorry. Did I mention at the beginning ours isn't a very sophisticated TV! It's a relatively small Orion. Sorry I'm not much help.
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Could you take a picture of the remote for the TV and post it on this page or give me the model number of your TV?

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos