Menu
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo internet occasional dropouts

Our TiVo has recently suffered a few dropouts of the internet connection, but only when the modem connection is being used. We've only noticed it because it's happened while we've been watching something from IP-VOD or iPlayer.

The box was rebooted a couple of times last week so it doesn't seem like that (and I'm reluctant to keep restarting it unnecessarily), TV and recording is rock solid, as is broadcast-VOD. The regular connections to update the EPG are also flawless.

Every time it's happened, the online light has flashed away for maybe 5 minutes and then it's settled and been perfect ever since. And I can't emphasise enough - broadcast-VOD (as used by ITV, C4, C5 etc) is fine and working perfectly (including HD). TV, including HD channels, recordings, all fine, perfect service.

It's not such a problem that merits a home tech visit, multiple box resets (if it's not broke) etc, but it's happened a few times so incase it's something fixable elsewhere in the chain, thought it worth a post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo internet occasional dropouts

Hey japitts,

Thank you for your post and for using our online forum.

Our TV Boxes work in two different ways:

1) Radio Frequecy (Cable Signal) - For live channels including HD

2) Internet Connection (Via Ethernet or WiFi) - For VOD and Catch Up TV

That would explain why your normal use and recording are great. That tells me your signal levels are most likely spot on going to your STB.

Your Broadband may be having some issues though.

If you PM me with your account number and site/area ID I am more than happy to look into this for you!

Thanks,

Steve

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos