Menu
Simonmiller
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tivo freezing every two or three days

Hi,

My Tivo has for the last month become unresponsive every two or three days. I'll come home from work, switch the TV on and press a button on the remote, only for nothing to happen. After a minute or two the live TV picture freezes.

I then need to unplug and restart the box, which seems to take forever! It's becoming slightly frustrating Smiley Sad I don't use On Demand or BBC iPlayer or Netflix on the box, so it's just seems to be happening while the box is showing live TV (although the TV is switched off). Does anyone have any ideas please?

Also I doubt it's connected, but my telephone no longer has a dial tone. The only time it rings I answer it, and I hear a heavily distorted ringing tone - as if it's a crossed line. I'm not really that fussed about the 'phone not working as I never use it, but the Tivo is frustrating!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo freezing every two or three days

Hi Simonmiller,

Apologies for any frustration this has been causing. 

As it’s been a few days since your last post, I was hoping you could let me know how things are at the moment?

I have checked things again from our side and there is nothing obvious causing the issues you are experiencing.
What I would like to do is take a look into things a bit further by taking some details from you so I will drop you a PM asking for the information I would need. 

If everything is back to normal and you are experiencing no issues with your service, please ignore my PM and just pop back to us on here to let us know. If you are still having these issues then just reply to my PM by clicking on the purple envelope in your own time and we will take things from there.

Kind regards

Paul.

Simonmiller
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

I had an engineer come out who swapped my box over and all seems to be working fine thanks. They also identified a fault in a cabinet in the street which means my 'phone line has been restored. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant new Simonmiller

Glad to hear everything is up and running. If you need any further help please come back to us.

Kind regards Jodi

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos