Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo extremely slow

Our tivo box has become incredibly slow within the last couple of weeks. Playing a recorded programme takes a very long time. I've checked previous posts and have cleared the deleted programmes etc. I am unsure what to do now, this is really unacceptable and frustrating.  Any help/advice much appreciated,  thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo extremely slow

Are you definitely using a TiVo? https://my.virginmedia.com/your-tv-box/index.html 

Have you tried restarting the box? And do you have VM broadband?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the quick response, it's yes to all of them! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thought as much!

The TiVo, whilst being perfectly serviceable, is an old box by anyone's standards, and has long been superceded by the V6 box. The one caveat is that the TiVo has its internet connection (for OnDemand, TV guide updates etc) inbuilt whereas the V6 needs one provided - hence the requirement to also have VM broadband. Once you're over that hurdle...

The V6 is a newer box, much quicker in general operation and at running the streaming apps, and has 6 recording tuners rather than the TiVo's 3. If you've had your current package a while, I would recommend taking a look at the newer bundles that are available and maybe having a play around with build your bundle - this will give you new customer prices which you won't necessarily match but will certainly give you an idea.

Then consider whether a move to a newer bundle might be more cost-effective and you can ask VM nicely for a box-swap to the V6 as part of the deal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Once again thank you for your reply, really interesting.  Yes I will do as you've suggested. Thankyou. 

0 Kudos