Menu
Steveturner100
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo deleted recordings

I've just been looking at My Shows and everything recorded before September has been deleted. They are not in the Recently Deleted Recordings. Suggestions had films I wanted to watch. One recording had my daughter on Notts TV and that's gone etc

Why?

Was only 53% full. Restarted box and now 37%

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo deleted recordings

Hi Steveturner100, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry you're having an issue with the recordings. Is there anything showing up in recording hiccups?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Steveturner100
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes there was stuff there but nothing old and only "not new" or "duplicate".

Even recently deleted was wrong. When I saw a program missing I went there and it only had 5 programs: one I deleted myself and 4 Paw Patrol as that's set to keep 25 and it's on 24/7. They were from 11th Sept. 

It was as though on the 11th sometime everything in recently deleted and everything from before September 1st was wiped out. The v6 wasn't full (53%) though when I tried a reset it dropped to 38% and the next morning was down to.18% without us doing anything.

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you go onto the recording that you want to keep, click okay, then go to more options-  you can choose the option to keep until you delete.

Otherwise it would delete them after a specific time frame. 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Steveturner100
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had Doctor Who from last year no problem. It has nothing to do with that as it was set up to delete when space needed and the v6 was 50% full.

Customer service did nothing. Retentions didn't care enough to offer anything to keep us.

Contract cancelled. Hello Sky

0 Kudos
Steveturner100
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It deleted stuff over a year old (not exactly a year but over), stuff that was 8-9 months old and stuff 1-2 weeks old. And not put into deleted items either. What setting does that? How could anyone accidentally do that?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Morning Steveturner100,

I've looked into this and can see no issues.

All I can do is apologise, it would seem that the deleted items couldn't have been set to delete when space was needed.

I would ask that you go through your current recordings to ensure the settings are correct, and let me know if this happens again moving forward.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos