Menu
AlexTia
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tivo connection taken away by engineer

Hi ,

Bit of a long winded post this so bear with me.

Before i got my v6 box in the living room I had 2 ordinary tivo boxes downstairs (1 in living room and 1 in the back room). I moved the old tivo box to my bedroom , just before i got the v6 box into the living room. But i knew at some point i would move it back into the back room. Thats what i did today as i wanted to watch the football while on the pc in back room.

I connected everything up and plugged in the cable and the tivo box wouldnt connect. Checked out the wall mounted access point and the cable wasnt connected, so i took off the cover to connect it in and there isnt a access point for a 2nd box to plug into . There was before i got the v6 box in.

I rang Virgin and the operator said there would be a £100 charge to fit this in. He said it was because I cant have more that 2 access points (as i was using the Tivo upstairs and the v6 downstairs).

Now , why didnt the engineer who fitted the v6 box tell me that he was taking away my access to the back room when he was fitting it? Why should i have to pay £100 for something that I had for years and was taken away without my knowledge?

sorry for the long post but can someone from Virgin Media sort me out with something here please

0 Kudos
AlexTia
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo connection taken away by engineer

Update : Was on the phone to customer service to send me out a free splitter (with 2 ports for 2 boxes)but the guy transferred me and i gave up after i sat for an hour listening to the same 3 songs on hold.

Can an admin please contact me by PM to arrange a splitter to be sent out to me
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo connection taken away by engineer

Hi AlexTia,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear of the situation.

I've popped you over a private so I can get a few more details from you.(purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos