Menu
johnboy1948
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo boxes not seeing each other .

I recently got the new Hub 4 and ever since the tivo box in the lounge doesnt connect anymore with the tivo box in the beroom .I have also noticed after doing a Network Diagnostics test that the Port Configuration has failed would this be the reason for my problem.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo boxes not seeing each other .

Hi johnboy1948,

Ignore the port configuration message, that often appears and doesn't affect anything.

Since you have a new hub4, you will also have a new SSID and password to connect to the router.  have you updated the settings on both boxes to make sure they are connecting to the new SSID.  A quick reboot of both TIVO boxes may help them find the new router and also each other.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
johnboy1948
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thats all been updated , each box is connected to the router , but they just arent connecting to each other .

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's simple, but.... have you restarted both boxes?

And checking you have TiVo and not V6? Check here if you're not sure.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
johnboy1948
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Just spoken to VM , this is an ongoing problem apparently some customers are having with the new hub and they are sending out another next week .

0 Kudos