Menu
jannyz55
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box

Hello all, my name is Jan and I would love some help if possible. I have Wifi, Tv and broadband from Virgin Media.

My Tivo box has suddenly stopped working ? I have tried diagnostics, tv says no outages in my area  but did also say "technical fault" I spoke to customer service they did a test and said it was fine but put me through to technical services and I was on hold for 122 minutes until I was cut off. ( So frustrating) My leads are correct. Ive tried two hdmi cables also. Sorry for the long post. Any suggestions ? 

I just have a blank screen with hdmi1 top left corner and remote is fine and flashing red.

It pops up on screen and says "starting up" but thats as far as it gets . Thank you for listening and wishing you all a very happy new year Jan x

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box

Which TV box do you have? Is it a TiVo or a V6 - if you're not sure, check here 

What lights do you have on the box?

It may be that your box is faulty and you'll need to call Virgin to report this - but with a few checks, we may be able to help on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jannyz55
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Tivo box

It may be that your box is faulty and you'll need to call Virgin to report this - but with a few checks, we may be able to help on here.

Sorry I messaged  back on this question instead of posting because I couldnt find reply and now I cant find the message. Oh dear !  Hope this is the right place. 

After numerous tests from VM it was decided it was a major outage

I have hade lots of tests done since and it changed its result many times I had another 100+ wait after I was locked out of my wifi after yet another test tech team did that for me and I was cut off again before we got to the next bit, i was distraught after waiting again for all that time.

Tivo box actually stopped working about the 31st Dec and the customer service  said a note on my account said it was due to be fixed oonday 11th at 9am. This morning nothing and this afternoon nothing. I emailed a compaint link i found, no i have had an email back to say sorry if i have had problems blah blah, but it could possibly take up to 28 days.

Im sure myself, and Im not an engineer, my box is just not working it lights up on standby button and one of its R buttons for Record ....Help where should I go from here pleaae ?

0 Kudos
jannyz55
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I need to book an engineer please?

Please can I book an engineer ?  Ive exhausted all Avenues. I have had no Tv box Tivo, since New years Eve. Every test has been run about 50 times each end. See my previous posts please help Thank you x

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: I need to book an engineer please?

The process for reporting faults is the same, the VM agent you speak to will book any engineers needed.

You can call 150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks