Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box

My tivo box keeps rebooting every 20 mins, this has been happening since march and its been impossible to get in touch 😡. Finally 3 weeks ago after doing a An online fault test For the millionth time  i had a pop Up to arrange An engineer to come out, hoorah! Nope he came he fiddled put a new connection on , told me to leave a few days ring him if it happened again. Well it did keep happening so i rang him monday morning He told me he'd get a new box to me that was 2 weeks ago! And nothing since. Getting really annoyed now , paying for a service im not receiving and its impossible to watch downstairs tv 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box

It's slightly unfortunate that the engineer went down the "call me direct" route - if this happens within a day or so of your initial callout, it can sometimes work well. Beyond that, and not so.

I'm afraid the best solution will be to repeat the process...  reporting your fault to 150, and either getting an engineer callout or replacement box just posted out.

You might just find that using the automated online or IVR-based systems may run some remote tests and attempt to "fix" this for you. Whether that results in an automatic engineer booking, or the system defaulting to "if I've not fixed it, press x for an agent" is a lottery but you may just get lucky.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice , might just get sky instead 😂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Jaxj wrote:
Thanks for the advice , might just get sky instead 😂

You need to choose the best pay-TV provider for your needs, and if that's Sky then fine. And in all honesty, VM's C/S at the moment is suffering - that's clear as day.

However - you will still need to call Virgin to give your disconnection notice once you've got Sky (or whoever) setup... so you won't avoid the need to call VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jaxj, thanks for the message and sorry for the delayed reply. I am sorry to hear that you have been having issues with the TiVo box and that the engineer could not resolve this for you. Have you been able to get in touch with us to get the replacement ordered or are you still having issues with this. Please let us know and we will aim to assist ^Chris 

0 Kudos