Menu
Gool2913
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box

Received new box on Thursday and it’s making  a whirring nose  when in standby and when you touch the top it feels very warm is this normal? Or do I need to reorder a new box. I have put it on a mat to stop the vibration but the wiring is terrible I thought with it in standby it would cut out. If I turn the box offs everything with I have to reset it every time also. Just wondered if This will use up electric? Have I set the box up wrong sorry for all questions

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box

Thank you for the post Gool2913.

Can we please confirm that nothing is resting on top of the box at all? As the sound you're hearing would be the fan?

When you mention the wiring, is this showing visible signs of damage at the moment? Have you checked the power consumption mode for your Tivo box in the settings? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Gool2913
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I assure you nothing is lying on top as it’s on an open shelf ! It’s very loud and it’s still loud when on standby which I find strange. I have put a non slip mat underneath as is vibrating too. Surely this should not be happening on as new box

i have since spoken to someone and they are sending me a new box hopefully! 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear you got in touch with the team since your post.

Is a new box on the way to you? If so, please let us know how things go once this is replaced. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Gool2913
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have been told that one should arrive within 10 days! But not received any confirmation about it yet

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gool2913,

Once your replacement has been dispatched and on its way you will receive a text/ email to advise this.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos