Menu
cozyuk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box stuck on startup screen loop with clicking noises

Good afternoon, my Tivo box is stuck on the starting up screen, there are clicking noises coming from the box then it reboots again to the startup screen again clicking noises and it just keeps doing this, doesn't go past this point just keeps rebooting and the same process

could anyone help please 

0 Kudos
Steve_O1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo box stuck on startup screen loop with clicking noises

Hi,

If you could private message me your account number and site/area reference number I can look into this for you! Be sure not to send them openly on the forum!

Thanks,
Steve
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

cozyuk
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks have private messaged the details to you
0 Kudos
Spencer_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@cozyuk wrote:

Good afternoon, my Tivo box is stuck on the starting up screen, there are clicking noises coming from the box then it reboots again to the startup screen again clicking noises and it just keeps doing this, doesn't go past this point just keeps rebooting and the same process

could anyone help please 

Hello,

Could you unplug the HDMI Cable and the AC Power from the back of the box and leave it offline for about 30 min and then plug the HDMI/AC back in and see if this helps resolve the issue, it could either be an overheating issue or a problem with the hard drive in which case the box would then need to be replaced. 

Hope this helps!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Why not try our text messaging service? It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If my post has helped you at all please mark it Helpful or give a Kudos, thanks!
cozyuk
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All sorted, Tivo box was at fault and engineer arrived and replaced this morning with a new V6 box, thanks for the quick turnaround and all up and running  

0 Kudos